 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16738
Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:04:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Erik Amzallag wrote:

   I had not seen that on brickshelf before. I am asuming the real thing and the lego version both only go straight, correct?

Mine goes only straight, that’s right.

As mine is 6 wide, I cannot use the “stop track”. So I made a track without the gear rack. Don’t forget to turn off the motor when it reach the end to preserv the battery ;)

For the real one, hum, I believe it can turn. But the experimental track was straight (or with very big radius curves).

-Erik A

Forgive me for butting into the convestation, but have you ever considered building a pair of Mindstorm controlled round houses for your Aerotrain? You could build a pair of passenger stations (one on each end of the track) that were really facades around a roundhouse, and inside it a section of gear-less track. When the train enters the station, a light sensor picks up the train, turns on a motor to turn the track and the train around, and then some sort of pushing arm moves the train back onto the track.

I don’t actually own any Monorail nor Mindstorms, so I have to live vicariously through others.

--Tony