 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16689
Re: TTT - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:01:03 GMT

On Fri, August 18, 2006 8:57 am, Rob Antonishen wrote:
For example, if my bot failed to mark a square but signalled it was
done, would that be an immediate loss?

I was concerned that my bot would have to deal with getting a
handshake, then NOT finding a mark on the board....

Just a thought.  I suggest you robot search the board, and if it doen't find the
move either (A) search again or (B) return "home" and wait (again) for the opponent
to play.

For the C$ event, I had my robot keep scanning the board, because after it got the
signal, if it didn't find the opponents move, either the opponent lost (by not
playing) or my robot was going to lose, because it had some kind of error.

However, the current version of my Connect Four robot scans the board once, then
stops.  Sometimes, when it's playing kids, they get over-excited and press the
End-of-turn button before playing a chip.  This makes the robot a bit more
user-friendly when playing against kids.

Steve