 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16299
Re: Tug of war
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:08:07 GMT

My two "test" bots keep puling to the right.

   I'm guessing the left and right wheels are connected together? Sounds like
you may need to have a way to shift the CoM subtly on game-day (to adjust for
equal riction on L and R sides).

the one with the "secret" weapon...

   I like the sound of that... I'm thinking harpoon, or flamethrower, or
claymore... ;-)

can get into a NASTY oscillation where the top heavy
portion starts to rock itself to the point of tipping
over.

   Sounds like you need a dampening system, or something to push the resonant
frequency to some other timing...

anyone else notice similar wired things with
there bots?

...although why anyone should want to "wire in" such behavior is beyond me. Must
be part of the secret...

--
Brian Davis