 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16264
Re: You know you're getting old when...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:19:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Trevyn Watson wrote:

From the article: "the ring tone was in effect pirated".

Does this strike anyone else as ridiculous? I don't believe that any
copyright Compound Systems might have covers all uses of an 18 kHz tone,
and I also don't believe that a patent on "a device that repels people
by annoying them with sound" also covers "a ringtone that adults can't
hear".

Sorry for going all ranty like that, but that sort of thing annoys me.

Yeah, the boundaries for patentable intellectual property are pretty weak these
days.

(Also, hey everyone! Long time no post!)

Hey look guys, it's Trevyn!   Welcome back!

Calum