 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15622
Re: R20 - robot questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:14:25 GMT

Vitali Furman wrote:

question to the 14 people who have said they will be making a robot.

lets just say; I was using some kind of "gun" to shoot blocks into other
robots.  Would i need to worry about blocks bouncing back out?

will people be building some kind of Anti Bounce-Out-Device (A-BOD)??

I think I might.  maybe make the back wall of my TO angled down like a
backstop of a gun range. so the blocks get deflected down.

Chris

How hard are you planning to shoot em'? Will it leave a dent in the wall? If its
necessary for one, as otherwise they will fall out, I'm sure I can incorporate
something into my robot.

Vitali

Well, my thought is:

If you build some kind of "gun" you would be hard pressed to vary the
velocity of the block. Also, will "your" robot always shoot from 3" or
from across the play area?  Will you change the velocity depending how
far away you are?

Based on these questions that were inspired by Doug Carlson, I am now on
BDS (block delivery system) mark 3.

This one seems to be all mechanical, and will push out a block the
closer it gets to to a T.O.

Sort of like the way jeff E built his cynderblock robot to deposit
blocks outside the arena.

Chris