 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15552
Re: rtl20 time issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:58:24 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

So I'm elbow deep into building for the next competition when it hits me--

All the competitions I've ever been to, we show up at around 10ish, we furiously
tweak for a bit, we head over to some sort of food thingy around noon, we come
back for 1 and then the actual competition begins.

With me thus far?

So 1 p.m. shows up, we get the 'bots competing with one another--usually around
3-5 minutes per competition, and then the afternoon progresses.

The last competition--balance of power, we had something like 8-9 'bots, and two
contestants at a time--that's 30ish compeitions at 3 minutes apiece--hour and a
half, and throw in set up time and such--lasted us until 4 p.m.

Watch out!!  Here comes rtl20!  We are putting 8-9 'bots in the rink at the same
time!  3 minute competition.  Add in the Chris 'I want a do-over' factor, and
we're at 6ish minutes--we're done at 1:10 p.m.

What'll probably be hashed out is--let's be perfectly honest--I think most of us
will want to see Project Y run maybe half a dozen times, and add up the scores
for each 'bot at the end for the 'grande winner'.

That still leaves lots of time.

So I was thinking (bad for me I know) that for this one we should definitly have
a secondary competition--again, for those that aren't building for Project 'Y',
as well as to fill in the time to 4 p.m.

What would this competition be?  I dunno.  I had an idea--battle'bots maybe.

Dave K

Dave this is a very good idea.  Since you will be bringing the 8'x8'
play field, maybe a Second game where we use that would be in order.

Any takers?

Chris