 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1552
Re: really cool site....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:46:25 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message

I really thought the rides were really neat, despite the "cut-out plates",
the paintings, etc... "abnormal modifications" to lego items...

Backboards and Facades like that are a great example of how different
European showmen are from those in Canada (and North America, I supose).
There seems to be a belief overseas that "The American Way Is The Exciting
Way", and the themeing on their fair rides show it. Sometimes they get
confused, it seems, and put focus on the wrong things.

Example:

http://www.rideindex.de/rides/full/t/technopower/TechnoPower-Beek-98-2.jpg

I really thought the portability of the rides was neat...

It never fails to amaze me how even the largest flats can be folded up onto
a trailer or two. It's one thing to design a ride; it's a completly
different issue to design it so that it's collapsable. One of the largest
single-trailer rides I can think of is HUSS' fantastic ride "Frisbee". It's
an overall very large ride, encompasing a swinging mast suspended from a
four-column pyrimidal frame, with a high-speed rotating gondola suspended on
the end.

Soriani + Moser introduce each year at the CNE "G-Force", their Top Star
Tour. This is another one-trailer ride, and is fantastically large. The
entire ride resembles an alien temple of sorts. It's a breathtaking
experience!

But note, that at the CNE, you won't find the thematic elements or water
features that you would overseas!

    Iain