 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15496
15495  |  15497
Subject:
Spacin' it--old style...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:36:55 GMT

So I'm going thru my webserver--cleaning things up and everything--when I come
across a directory I've long since forgotten--

http://sparky.i989.net/tranquil/tranquil.htm

A little background info--I made a LEGO space movie back in '84.  It wen't
nowhere.  As a matter of fact, it went so far nowhere that the LEGO company sent
their legal department after me.

But I digress...

Anywho, this LEGO movie lead to me writing a bunch of short stories over my high
school/early college days dealing with a moonbase.  The purpose of writing these
stories was to film them, but after the first run-in with the legal department,
my friends and I didn't continue that part.

But the stories remained in a binder somewhere, and my friends and I hashed out
new stories-coincidentally as I bought new space sets--and when I purchased the
mighty Kodak DC120 Digital Science camera back in '98, I decided to make a
'picture book' of some of those stories.

So up went the above posted web page.  I know that the pictures are really
grainy--remember back in '98 there weren't many hosting services willing to give
us web page folk lots of HD space.  Just proceed to the last page where all the
pics are not compressed down to pixelation-ville.

But the LEGO Space sets, along with Technic, kept me from having a 'dark ages'

Thought it was neat enuf to share

Dave K