 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15486
Re: Revised slightly LEGO RoboCam 'Bot (and a reintroduction, for no real reason)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:02:54 GMT

I had to go pretty far back to find the original post, but I did!

Anyway, the Magna-Doodle 'bot is still puttering along just fine.  I heard it
moving last night and I was like "Wow! people are still using it!"

So I thought I'd post again and remind those that may have forgotten, or for
those that weren't here the first time around, and to bring it back 'old
school', now that we're all talking about the NXT...

Yep, the Magno-Doodle 'bot is powered by one very old and obsolete RCX.

As an aside, this one particular RCX was first used in the web cam block
stacking 'bot many years ago--I couldn't find the actual post where I talked
about the webcam block stacking 'bot, but I think it was before 2002, and before
that, this RCX was controlling the X, Y, Z movement of the Vision Command
camera--I think that was when I was living in the basement apartment circa 2000.

This means that this very RCX has been on (mostly) continuously since the new
millennium.

Huh.

Dave K

Ever wanted to use a Magna-Doodle but couldn't afford to buy one?  Bored at
work??  Have this urge to draw but don't have a convenient drawing surface???

Draw your pictures on'line!!  Surf over to--

http://sparky.i989.net/legocam.htm

If you're chosen web browser is Internet Explorer, you can draw using this page
--

http://sparky.i989.net/camjava.htm

If you are using Firefox or other types of browsers--

http://sparky.i989.net/camserv.htm

You can even take a 'picture' of your creation, and I'll add it to the "'Cam
Drawings" page...

A big thanks to Dan B. for his l33t programming skills.

If there are any issues, or you have ideas for improving the LEGO RoboCam 'Bot,
just let me know!

Dave K