 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15464
15463  |  15465
Subject:
RCX Obsolescence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:34:00 GMT

From the NXT FAQ:

http://www.lego.com/eng/service/faqs.asp?section=ConsumerService-FAQ-Products&catid=E8D0CD47-16B8-4B2F-900C-8FC40C163598&faqid=17288#17288

(sorry for the long URL)

"How long will you support the old system? (extra sensors for sale, etc)

The RIS and the sensors will be deleted from our assortment from 1st
June 2006. LEGO Education will keep supporting the RCX platform for a
couple of years. For more information on LEGO Education products,
please click here."

So......

What to the RTLToronto think this means to them?

That's just over 5 months to obsolescence.  At that point the
(limited) supply of retail new stuff will be gone and only resale and
educational will remain available.

Opinions?

-Rob A>