 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15340
Re: NQJ2? Re: NQJ - Brick It Forward - not goodbye, but adieu
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 01:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Timothy P. Smith wrote:

Calum, you may be starting too big- you need to work up to it. (IMO). That being
said, I've got a 4892 set- http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4892 New in Open Box. I
split the back of the box open to check out the contents, but everything is
still sealed up, the instructions have only been handled to weigh and photograph
them.

LMK.

Tim "I've got a Famous Tile" (Smith)

Here's my rationale:

a) I thought that the "brick" rounds of NQJ1 were kinda stupid.  When sets began
to be traded, it actively became interesting because there was a reason for
playing beyond random stupidity (though your tile is now AFOL historic!).
Larry's leap to sets (or maybe Janey's leap to something which apparently is
valuable (a JLUG container?!)) was the critical point.

b) Those who've played first might not want to play again, so I think it would
require something substanial to get people to engage in this game, yet not so
substantial that it wouldn't make sense to start a game with (eg, I'd like to
start with a Technic Crane)

Unless I've misjudged a Pizza To Go's value.

Calum