 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1533
1532  |  1534
Subject:
today's good and bad lego experiences....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:50:27 GMT

I'll start off this post / rant by saying that I didn't have any funky (day)
dreams / nightmares, visions, etc. etc.
What this post stems from is two separate Lego experiences that happened
today.

The Good: I was looking around the on-line shop at Lego.Com (their shop @
home), and saw that they put the Dragon Fly Airplane set on their latest
offerings...(their main shop page)  this is a very cool looking set with
a nice off-road truck / trailer and a mini-gas "tanker" pulled by an ATV
cycle.  Not bad for $17 US.  I was definitely thrilled....

now if they would only offer the "baggage" loader promotional set...don't
know the number......(no comments from the peanut gallery...:) )

now the Bad:  I went browsing through Zellers today, and saw an upclose look
at the Jack Stone sets, and nearly threw-up....first of all the sets are
not even close to realistic....way, WAY over priced, and are something worse
than being UGLY....the blocks are very nausiating themselves...I don't
know what Lego was thinking when they designed this line....and I don't know
what is going on in parent's heads if they buy these sets for their
children...yikes!!!!!

The only good that will come from these sets is maybe Lego will return to a
more classic style of Town sets...well actually put out Town sets once again,
and stop putting out really crappy Junior sets....I do have a large number
of Town Junior sets myself....<gasp>....but will redesign most of them so
they look more compatible with rest of my town sets.

In other news: I broke down and bought the Vision Command, and a USB card for
my out of date computer....but since I can't find my Windows 98 system
disk.... :( , I'll have to patiently wait until my copy of Windows ME comes (its
another item that is in transit from Tennessee)...but that will give me time
to move some stuff around on my system....I have only 45 MB left on my
C drive....I do have over 7 Gig on my D drive though.....

just some more interesting items... :)

Benjamin Medinets, 817