 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14992
Re: Rogers Digital Cable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:02:23 GMT

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:13:50PM +0000, Derek Raycraft wrote:
Well Rogers basically bribed me into getting Digital Cable.  I could
put the digital box in a closet, still get the same selection of
channels, and it will cost me 5 dollars less a month.  Works for me.

Anyway since I have a digital box now, I might as well use it.  Which
got me thinking about two different things.  What interesting channels
are there in the digital spectrum, and can you build a digital PVR?

I've seen reports of MythTV being used often with digital cable -
usually with an IR blaster, but some boxes have a nice serial interface.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com