 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14643
Re: The MATING GAME - rtl 20
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:57:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, September 13, 2005 4:15 pm, Chris Magno wrote:

we will book the library for SAT Feb 11 ...
Soft music would be playing in the back ground as we all gather to watch
   a few robots "dance" on the 8x8 play field.

Ok, I've lost interest.  By the time you define the standard for passing blocks,
there will be nothing left to create.  This may be a fun game, but not much
challenge.

Steve

Ok here's my idea. Each robot is composed of a front and rear half. The rear
half is an open hopper built to a common standard (including height from floor),
The front half is completely original. The aim of the game is to drop your
blocks into the other robots hoppers. The more promiscuous the better, so maybe
you could have a score multiplier dependant on how many other robots you'd
impregnated with your blocks. Not only do you have to drop your blocks into
other robots hoppers, you also have to try and avoid them dropping their blocks
into your hopper as this results in minus points. You aren't allowed any
defensive systems. The only way to stop a robot dropping a block into your
hopper would be to move away before its dropped. The hopper would be fixed (no
dumping) and no guards or lids would be allowed.

Steve