 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14516
Re: Wooden Mallets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:00:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Does any one make wooden mallets anymore?  I looked all though a
Canadian Tire and a Home Depot and found nothing.  Took quite a while
to even find someone that knew what one was.  At both CT and HD I got
the typical "I don't know, maybe someone over there does..."

I thought it was going to be simple to pick one up.  I can picture  then
hanging on a hook with all the rubber and plastic headed  mallets, along
side all the hammers.

Rubber mallets are too bouncy, plastic ones are too firm, hammers are
to sharp.  A wooden mallet has a nice mix of weight and softness of
impact for my needs.

Sigh, maybe I'll just whack it with my forehead. :-(

Derek

you COULD use a 2/4 and a regular hammer just this ONCE.

if not crappy tire, or home despot, and you ~REALLY~ realy,

really

Are you saying that all those times I've said "Don't make me come over there and
smack you with a mallet" I actually couldn't of, because there is a shortage of
mallets in Toronto?

I need a new overused phrase like "smack you with an old hard disk" or "smack
you with a piece of 2x4 from an old rtlToronto contest" or "smack you with some
JLUG smack" or something.

Calum
PS-am I even allowed to say JLUG here?