 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14401
Re: More for the Hobby Show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:13:49 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Fri, August 26, 2005 1:41 pm, Chris Magno wrote:

as much as i ~HATE~ having to use steves idea... i like this idea a lot.

Chris
(sigh)  what next, peace in gaza?  skating in hell?

I'm sure this is killing you.

Let me try to make it easier.  While I did most of the posting, it was not MY idea.
It was actually an idea from our club (LafLRC).  There were five or six people who
worked out the final spec.

But, it didn't start there.

We stole the "soccer ball" idea from SMART, the Seattle Mindstorms group.  They came
up with the idea for a Crazy Cybernetic Crate Contraption which moved crates of
soccer & basket balls around. (I don't remember the exact name, but we can just call
it C4)

Of course, you may remember they first announced the Crate Contraption about the
same time rtl was working on Deep Yellow (the Connect Four game) or C4.

So, they, in fact, came up with the Crazy name, to steal the spotlight from rtl's C4
(C$).  Which clearly means it was your idea in the first place.

Oh, but what about the world record thing?  Nope, also not our idea.  I stole that
from a group in California.  http://www.playingatlearning.org/rube/index.html  Of
course, they got the idea for stringing LEGO creations from us, but then the
stealing links back into the previous chain, that again leads back to rtl.

So, I have to thank you, because pretty much no matter how you look at it, the trail
goes back to rtl, and the Connect Four game.   which I won.

oops.  sorry.

Steve

oh.

OK.

so the GBC is really MY idea.

ok.
Im cool with that.

thanks

Chris

ps.  did my GBC idea set a world record?