 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14222
14221  |  14223
Subject:
Hobby Show November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:45:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello All!

I know I haven't been around much.  Work sucks that way sometimes.

Anyway, no time for dwelling.

So here's the scoop.  We've attended 2 hobby shows thus far and both have been
very successful.  We're invited back but this time there's something new--

The show's organizers have been in contact with LEGO Canada and found out that
TLC Canada wants to 'help us' with the show.

What kind of help?  Well, I'm told that it's basically up to us.  We have to
come up with a few ideas and see what they say.  I don't have too many
ideas--I'm not an idea guy--just the 'goto' guy.

So throwing it out there--what do you think is a good way for TLC Canada to
participate  at this years Hobby Show?  We do have the final say as to what, but
the offer is there.

A few ideas--play area--I know that rtlT's not enthusiastic about this but there
are those that may be.  So it's an idea.

As well, TLC Canada can bring MOCs of whatever--large statues and such.

Or giveaways was another idea.

Or just piles of bricks for some sort of record breaking thing (though our
once-Canadian compatriot, JeffE just participated in something like that in the
States, and since Canada shows up the US in almost everything else, we really
should be nice and not take the biggest LEGO flag away from them so soon ;)

ANyway, throw iut ideas.

Another aspect is the size of area--the first year we had a 30x30 foot area,
last year we had a 20x20.  What do you think?  How many people are coming?  What
do people plan on bringing?  An idea was some sort of moonbase for the 'main
attraction', but again, all ideas welcome.

Beyond that, here's looking forward to the Hobby Show!

Dave K