 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13969
    Re: HOLD ME. —Steve Lane
   (...) This is exactly the picture I had in my head when I imagined what a recirculating ballbearing system would be like. It resembles a caterpiller track. Whenever I see a race of ball bearings I always think their should be somthing inbetween them (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

        Re: HOLD ME. —Iain Hendry
   (...) You're talking about caged bearings. Caged bearings do have a higher coefficent of friction over non-caged bearings, but the friction is constant (in a normal bearing, the balls come into contact intermitently), the life is extended (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)