 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13932
13931  |  13933
Subject:
rtlToronto Space 1 (without the square brackets...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:15:52 GMT

It was brought up when we were together at the train show--the attendees tossed
aroudn the idea of doing an impromtu space layout.

So I'm going to take ownership of this one.  I have no idea where or when
(probably at the library where we're having our 'bot competitions, and probably
after rtlToronto RC1)

But I'm throwing out ideas now.  We had originally thought about keeping the
theme at 'Classic Space', up to and including Futuron (so we can get the
monorail), but throwing it out there for the masses--what do you think we shoudl
do for a Space display?  Think we should do a 'Moon Base Module' thing or just
do some sort of 'ad hoc' diorama.

I'd like to keep it to our 'train specs'--i.e. 1 section is 3 32x32 stud
baseplates by 3 32x32 stud baseplates, but I think we'll probably just put the
display on the fold-out tables at the library instead of putting them on our
wooden train modules (unless there's a better option).

Anyway, I have lots of crater plates, and I can get some classic space ships put
together, and I think that Greg'll be in...

Toss around a few ideas and we'll see where this goes.  I'm in the mood to keep
this pretty much casual.

Dave K