 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13917
  I need geek help please

I need geek (said in a totally respectful manner) help please. I know this is totally off topic, but since im the pc "guru" in my circle (yeah I know, pathetic) Im turning to rtl for help here. As I mentioned, new computer, first time on XP.... (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: I need geek help please

(...) I bet you get lots of help but if not, you may want to also try off-topic.geek (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: I need geek help please

(...) Hi Janey, A little knowledge is dangerous :^( I've never done what you've done, so I can't give you a surgical answer. Had you thought of booting with your XP disk in and attempted a repair. Just grasping at straws. Is there a way to undo what (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: I need geek help please

(...) No need to respond, thanks to those of you that sent me help via email. I am now rebooting as I should, and I wont mess with msconfig without setting a restore date. Yep, pretty darn cool community! Thanks Janey "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)