 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13863
Re: Load in for Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:17:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
Hey, what's the schedule for Sat/Sun?

Calum

We're allowed to show up at 4 and set up till late.

Then it's 8 a.m. on Sundayfor the finalizing of setup and opening at 10.

I'll be there at 4 to get the passes and such.

Dave K

I'll be there at 4 as well!

I am thinking that maybe we should have a game plan as to how to set the layout
up, in that The 4 module area that butts up against Dave and Janey should
probably be setup first, since we may not be able to easily get in to the area
when Dave and Janey start setting up... Thoughts?

Also do I need to bring any additional modules? Jeremy?

Jeff VW

I will be there at four as well (give or take), and I will set up my section
from the Jeff, Calum, Derek, Jeremy end first (if that helps).  Sadly, because
Iain is unable to attend, his ropeway/skyway/thingamajig he was building for my
section will not be making a showing. It has been replaced with my own
*cough*lame*cough* version of cable cars, which sadly worked wonderfully until I
add the actual weight of the cars, which renders the cables pretty much useless.
(Yes, I have played with the configuration of the cable supports, the string,
the cars themselves, the motors, even added more motors, did a different layout,
etc, but alas, no luck.) I know its more than possible to actually get them
working, but I just do not have the time this week to apply to this project, as
I have a client that is breathing down my neck. Since this lovely client is
family, they know where I live and will not hesitate to hurt me, so there is no
getting out of this job.  So long story short, I will set it up regardless,
since it's nice visual addition to my rising street of row houses, but sadly it
will not be in operational mode.  Maybe I will make some picket signs for the
workers and let them be on strike, like any good transit system.  BURN.

Janey "Red Brick"