 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13664
  join 2 Female "lego bricks"

how can I join 2 "stud receptacles" together? I saw this: (URL) the method for butting 2 old pnu cylinders together is cool, and WORKS. I tried it with the 90 degree 1/2 beam as well, and it ALSO works. there is a TINY bit of slop, and am looking (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: join 2 Female "lego bricks"

(...) (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: join 2 Female "lego bricks"

(...) The method that I've used is this: - stick a 2x2 brick under each cylinder - stick 4 friction pins inside one 2x2 brick - join together, and restrain on the outside with 5-hole studless beams (could use 1/2 width, full width, or old-school 1x6 (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: join 2 Female "lego bricks"

(...) Cool!! Thanks for posting. I wonder if instead of that piece you could use a... I guess it's called a liftarm? Those little 3x3 L-shaped half-beam things, with the + holes at the ends and the corner, and a through hole in between? Iain (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: join 2 Female "lego bricks"

(...) Iain, Yep, those "liftarms" are the second thing i tried. they work as well. you have to use the holes next to the "ends" but it does work as well. I just wanted to fix the slop. Chris (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)