 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1358
1357  |  1359
Subject:
Train 2 Layout, Week 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:23:20 GMT

Okay, here's cut number 1 of the Train2 layout.
If there was ever a point to owning a Matrox G450 DualHead video card, train
layouts would be it :)  In fact, I have the layout on my right monitor, and
Lugnet on the left...

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train2layout.jpg

As you can see, it integrates my modules and JeffVW's modules.  From what I
gather, here might be some good spots:

-Open modules M4, M5 and C2 might be good for Dave, as JeffVW has a transfer
table/engine house in that same location.  If you're doing a switchyard,
that would look nice near other railway structures.  In CalumM3 and M4, I've
put in a third track.  You might wish to carry that along into the switch
yard and link it into the rest of the main loops.

-Calum C1 and M5 are certainly open for debate, I've only added them in as
fillers.  I have stuff to put in them, but if someone really wanted a
widespaced track in CalumM5 they're welcome to have it, it'd be ideal for a
warehouse, factory, residential area etc that doesn't use the 8/24 spacing.
If no one wants CalumM5, I'll be putting a expanded 4555 container yard plus
a factory.

-The gaps between CalumM4 and OpenM4, and Open M2 and OpenM3 would be prime
locations for either sunken layout pieces (ie, a mine, valley gorge etc) or
bridges (Rob?) that could respace that irritating 4 dot extra I introduced.

-OpenC1 or CalumC1 would be great for a residential area, a mountain, or a
lighthouse!

Note that the blue and road combination is a generic high contrast layout
block I use to space the layout-it doesn't mean you need to put water there!
Of course you can put whatever you want there.

The layout will grow in the middle, expanding the distance between my
modules and Jeff's modules as more people post their layouts.  Please mail
me your TD files as you design them, I'll put them into this main layout and
post the image.

Calum