 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12949
Re: That's alotta soccer balls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:40:30 GMT

this isnt going to get any better.

Between Iain, and Janey, this place is going to get some
abusive-power-hungry admin types to have ALL of rtl banned.

oh look; a dead horse.

smack, take that!
smack!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Yes the joke gets old, but I have Steve's balls.

NO DAVE!!!

So far my ball job, is more of a mechanical solution, as my RCX is getting some
action under the couch with the dust bunnies.

Yikes!

Calum can she say that?  I mean.  she said....

Bunnies!!

g a s p !!!

Yes, I kicked it under there, and
yes, it fully deserved it, and until it learns not to knock over stacks, that's
just where it will remain.

Janey "Teaching the RCX who is boss, Red Brick"

um, janey,

you might be good at....stuff...

BUT here in rtl; one thing you have not learned yet is that you dont
control your rcx robot.

you  might THINK you control it.  but it has FREE WILL.

you might THINK that setting the light sensor to respond to black will
make it stop.  but your wrong.

why do you think we all own rcx remote controls.  NOT to "help us."  But
more to hit the PANIC STOP button when said robot exercises its free will.

my advice:

BY all means. keep building a robot.  THATS great, and KEEP tweaking the
code, fantastic

(I'm not an expert like some people are)

!BUT!

being anthropomorphic towards your robot is NOT a valid way to program it.

Chris

how the heck did I get blue cheese in my gears?