 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12674
  Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Calum, I've been around since the earliest days of rtl, and have followed the evolution of the AFOL community with great interest. The direction things have taken does not surprise me. It's like anything else (ie, the Wild West, founding of Silicon (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Tony, Long time no see. (then again, I dont venture out past rtlToronto.) You make some very good points, but the long and the short of it is. this place is turning into those very same usenet groups you refer to. I can only hope that Todd will (at (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

That you would use the term "tragic", which in my dictionary is defined as "very sad; especially involving grief or death or destruction", to describe something as insignificant and irrelevant to world events and people's lives as a the colour of a (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Wow, good to hear from you! (...) I'll agree we've certainly made a lot of progress since the wild days of atl and rtl, that there is no doubt. Something like Peeron for example, I use all the time when I build (which is not as much as I'd (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Calum, That's my thinking. As long as the good outweighs the bad, which as far as the online AFOL community is concerned it does by a mile. So what can we do about some of the nastiness that has arisen here at Lugnet? Well, look no further than this (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Long time no see, Tony. Too long if you ask me, glad to see you around again. (...) Exactly. (...) Good idea. And in the fullness of time, I think he'd realise you're both right. In the context of world events it's not a tragic thing (what's going (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)