 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12629
12628  |  12630
Subject:
West Wing/Sports Night quote...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:27:36 GMT

More and more we've come to expect less and less from one another...

Eh, Sorkinism.

Anyway, rtl is like 'Cheers' to me (another television inference), where one
comes to smile at the banter, and appreciate the 'funner' things--'where
everybody knows your name...'

The internet allows community building, but is also extremely good at
fragmenting--people who are even remotely disenfranchesed can immediately set up
their own little spot--BZPower, Castle whatever, now Space--anyone can set up a
message group, cheaply and easily.  There's nothing wrong with that--go where
you're comfortable.  For me, it's here.  I'll continue my forrays to check out
the cool mocs, to post in o.t-d, to try to stem the flood of 'less and less'
expectations from one another, but it's comforting to know I still have a home
in rtlT to return to.  (ending yet another sentence in a preposition--I really
should retake some of my grammar courses)

The preceeding tangents were brought to you by the letters S and W and by the
number midnight... :)

Dave K