 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12555
Re: Somebody say something...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:00:25 GMT

<snip>

I'll see your flu-like symtoms and trump it with the MTO...

Yes, the saga of the Dodge pickup continues...

On this very day--around noon to be precise, I found out that my truck has been
marked as 'unfit to drive' and has been so since the 14th of September.

This means that I've been driving illegally since the 14th of September!

"But wait!" states the masses, "didn't we read that you went thru the hoops in
early September?" (ref--http://sparky.i989.net/dakota04.htm)

So I did.  September 7 the truck was marked as unfit due to rusty floorboards.

I patched dem dar rusty floorboards and got a safety certificate on the 13th of
September.  I immediately marched into the MTO and got plates and such, and my
truck was marked as 'fit' agian.

On the 14th of September, unbeknownst to me, the MTO, in their esteemed wisdom,
marked my truck as 'unfit'.  This they did, by the way, without letting me know.

So the other events--I sent an e-mail to the MTO sometime after this incident
and politely gave them a 'piece o' mt mind'--it wasn't a big piece, to be sure,
for I have not much to spare, but I gave 'em one nonetheless.  I also included
my cell # in the e-mail for no apparent reason.  Thankfully I did for I got the
call today

After the conversation, I find out the additional info of Sept 14, and I mention
that this is quite odd, seeing as how I a) didn't know about it, b) diving
illegally for 2+ months and c) of course, the safety certificate had expired.

Here's the other interesting tidbit--they can tell me all the pertinent info as
to why my truck was marked as unfit on the 7th.  They can tell me all the
pertinent info about the reissued plates and such on the 13th, but they cannot
tell me what happened on the 14th that would get my truck marked as unfit again.
I thought that that was rather odd.  Moreso considering that I got a safety
certificate the day before.

Anywho, as usual, no one at the MTO can do anything about it.  They have to
'look into it' and get back to me.  Well I tried to convey the immediacy of this
issue--that I can't legally drive my vehicle, etc. but that didn't seem to
inspire them to do their job any quicker.

What am I going to do now?  I dunno.  I'm all 'law is good' and such, but will I
hop in the mighty Dodge at 5 p.m. and drive home?  Hmmm, debates ensue.

For what woudl happen if I get into an accident?  I'm liable--the insurance
isn't going to cover me, and the MTO, being who they are, obviously don't seem
to give a rip...

I think this is all 'cause I'm talking smack about Bush--his ties run
deep--lookit the wonderfult time he just had with our PM.

Anyway, hope you feel better Derek.  Take a few days off and build  something.

Dave K