 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12228
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Connect Four and rtlToronto15: Rope Climbing Photos Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:26:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dan Boger wrote:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 04:07:58AM +0000, Calum Tsang wrote:
PS-I broke down and instead of using my Excel scripts and FrontPage,
  ended up finally using an automated web album generator. Hopefully
  y'all like this format.

I like it well enough - and just wanted to say, welcome to somewhere
around 2001 :)  FrontPage?!?  Gah.  And here I was, thinking you're a
real geek, writing HTML by hand :)

I had this really manual way of making those old albums--little scripts in
PhotoShop to make the thumbnails, a little Excel thing to generate the HTML
manually.  I'd put on some good music and manually go through all the photos,
nodding to myself saying "Hmmm...what clever things to write for this picture?".

Coupled with the fact I'd never really have all the photos in one place and of
course, sheer procastination, it took months.  Anyways, we're now reasonably up
to date, minus some other galleries from older events which aren't coming back.
Damn you rm *!

Calum