 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12116
Re: So what Train is the Hobby show?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 01:05:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Guerquin wrote:
I saw some cool bridges in Columbus, Indiana yesterday.... I'll take photos next
week, and barring unforeseen wireless issues at the Holiday Inn, post them
too...  preview:
http://www.kid-at-art.com/htdoc/secbrig.html

Ok, found it on the web already (much better pictures than I'd be able to take
anyways)... (be patient... it's slooooooooooooooooow)
http://www.structurae.net/en/structures/data/s0003500/index.cfm

John

I'm originally from Seymour Indiana (18 miles south of Columbus). The second
link is actually a different bridge than the first post (both located in
Columbus). Columbus is reknowned for it's architecture and strives to make
everything aethetically pleasing (including their jailhouse).

Oops... yeah, I know Jeramy that they're two different bridges... I guess that I
didn't make that clear.  Drove through both bridges :)
Very nice architecture all over town...or at least of what I saw in a few hours

John

Both bridges are very similar, but the second link (interstate bridge) has the
roads located on the outside of the supports and is (supposedly) earthquake
proof!

The first bridge is on highway 46 (I believe) and has the road located within
the supports. Both very fascinating!

Jeramy Spurgeon