 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12015
12014  |  12016
Subject:
OH, I'll reply all right
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:33:25 GMT

due to the fact that I find using the web browser awkward, this is my THIRD
attempt at typing this reply......

Steve said:

I guess he just has no reply to this message:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=11940

lets just take the message and start again:

When ever Steve enteres a lego robot contest, his second question is
"... whats the prize?"

:)

What's my first question?

its always been:

"what the game??"

RTL has never OFFICIALLY had prizes, sure we have had people donate
things, sometimes even cool lego sets, but for the most part its not
about the prize, its about learning, and doing.

when Steve won first place in C$ his second statement to me was (to
paraphrase)  "...so what did i win?"

hmm.  again, what was my first statement?

With typical Steve-centric (tm) flare, I could expect something like

"...that was easy for me,  oh and you RTL guys did ok too....."

Having to think quick on my feet, I explained to Steve for the millionth
time,  that he won "bragging rights."

I hope you're seeing someone about the memory losses...

(last line)
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=5558

for those too lazy to click and read I will cut and paste from the link.

--------snip----------

P.S. what do you mean we don't have prizes.... most times we have cool
prizes (thanks Angelo), and always the bragging rights...
---------------------

MY memory loss,

HA, Steve, I'd put my memory loss against your ability to ~READ~ any day.

do you not see the phrase MOST TIMES???? AS in MOST TIMES we have prizes, BUT
sometimes we do not......

Silly me.  I said I wasn't going for the prizes.

again, you said:

-------------snip----------

I doubt I'd go for the prizes...
----------------------

notice the .... i can read that as:

"... I doubt I'd go for the prizes... BUT if you have them I'll enter 42 robots,
and increase my chance to win them"

You'll need to point out that this message is from a couple years ago, so it
doesn't really count any more.  Like a salesman, you'll say anything to get
people to show up, then, of course, deny saying it...

:)

Steve, I will concur that this was MANY YEARS ago and at one point in time you
were the cool guy who built the legway, BUT NOW your just Steve.

shrug,

Chris

ahhhhhhhhhh

I'm back.  this is fun.