 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1201
Re: suction cup robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:26:26 GMT

I notice people are doing bots that internalize a mechanism.  On the outset
of this game, I mentioned it's a different game from marbles or stacking
because the game is not (or doesn't have to be) internal, ie, it doesn't
need to eat blocks.  The game can be completely played like hockey, the
players don't need to eat the puck to bring it to the goal...yet no one has
done this yet.  Anyone doing an externalized game?

Calum

My robot is hungry, so it is going to eat blocks. I couldn't bring myself to
rely on pushing blocks past the gap in the middle of the field without
getting stuck. My 'eating' mechanism was indeed a challenge to build, but it
is pretty much done now. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is
noisy... It does eat well though (mmmm... blocks). Its amazing what you can
do with the spinning wheels and conveyor idea. Kind of makes me want to
revisit stacking... Anyone want to program my robot for me?
Rob