 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11978
Re: Brick sorting and 4L Ice cream pails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:55:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
I am still waiting for the details, but a ball park minimum order of
brand spanking new, nice clean (with lid) 4L square food grade retail
packaging HDPE pails would be about 250 (1 palette) for around $1.50 -
$2 per pail.

Now I don't need 250 pails, and don't want to be out of pocket for the
$500 I'd need.  So before I go any further investigating this, would
anyone in RTLToronto also be interested a group purchase of these
types of containers for that kind of price?

How does it compare with other (retail) containers that people have purchased?

I'm using Plano (various types) for individual part sorting but for the larger
containers I'm using two free types:

-3033/4107/4400's for bulk pieces (ie, 1xN, 2xN brick).  They're not free, but
they do come with every tub of pieces, and I've got enough of them.

-Shoebox sized NesTier OK bins from a certain telecom vendor when they
liquidated the site.  They're industrial bins used in factories/inventory racks
etc.  I'm sure you've seen them, they can hang, stack, etc.  I managed to grab
about 16 of them and use them for sub colours (grey, tan, green) as well as half
built models and Technic parts that don't easily fit (ie, tires, flex pipes,
those weird coil things).

It's hard to beat free.

If I were to buy more, I'd probably try and get more of those NesTier's or
similar industrial knockoff.  I think Brafasco sells them.

Basically, my sorting is similar in hardware to Derek's but I've spent less time
thinking and planning the sorting, so it's less organized and probably not as
efficient as his or JeffVW.

Calum