 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1169
    Re: suction cup robot —Rob Stehlik
   Well, I'm glad you asked. I did finally get the window crawler working. It uses Calums old style pneumatics to create suction. I haven't motorized the pump yet, so you have to pump as it walks up... I'll bring it and give a demo this saturday. It (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: suction cup robot —Chris Magno
     (...) That sounds really cool. is Glass the best thing it can walk up?? or any flat smooth surface?? I can't wait to see it. (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: suction cup robot —Rob Stehlik
     (...) It will walk up any smooth surface, but glass is the best. I demoed it at school for some people, and it crawled up a white board quite well. It will be much cooler when (and if) I automate the vacuum pump... Rob (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: suction cup robot —Calum Tsang
   (...) I'm glad they worked out for you! I notice people are doing bots that internalize a mechanism. On the outset of this game, I mentioned it's a different game from marbles or stacking because the game is not (or doesn't have to be) internal, ie, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: suction cup robot —Rob Stehlik
   (...) My robot is hungry, so it is going to eat blocks. I couldn't bring myself to rely on pushing blocks past the gap in the middle of the field without getting stuck. My 'eating' mechanism was indeed a challenge to build, but it is pretty much (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)