 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11673
11672  |  11674
Subject:
Is any one looking for a P4 mobo, cheap?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:54:43 GMT

Hey gang,

I just upgraded my motherboard and now I’m trying to get rid of the extra one I
ended up with. If someone is looking to build a “budget” P4 system, this mobo
should fit in nicely:

ASUS P4PE-L - Intel 845PE chipset - Socket 478

Supports up to P4-2.4 GHz on a native 533 MHz FSB or P4-3.2 GHz on an
overclocked 800 MHz FSB; and up to 2 Gb of DDR333 (DDR400 if overclocked).
Comes with on-board Audio and 10/100 LAN
One of the few P4 mobos that can be used with the older power supplies that do
not have the 4-pin 12V power connector

Features it does NOT support (i.e. the reasons I upgraded):
AGP 8x – only supports 4x and below
Dual-Channel DDR
S-ATA

A few links for you:
* Complete list of features:
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?langs=09&m=P4PE
* List of all supported CPUs (search by Motherboard – Socket 478 – P4PE):
http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

As The Gord once said – “You name the price! Be warned though, one of two things
will happen. Either you'll get it at the price you offer, or you'll get slapped
for such an inane offer.” :D

Drop me a line if interested – ivn{AT}idirect{DOT}ca

Ivan
- No one reads these anymore.