 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11650
Re: NQC problem...driving me insane!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 04:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Iain Hendry wrote:

int threshold;
task main()
{
  SetSensorType(SENSOR_1, SENSOR_TYPE_LIGHT);
  OnFwd(OUT_A);
  threshold=SENSOR_1;
  until(SENSOR_1<threshold-5);
  Off(OUT_A);
}

You should check to make sure your light sensor is in fact changing more than 5
counts.  Start by changing the above code to 2 or 3.

I don't recall with NQC, but with some languages (BrickOS) the values are
backwards, so you may need to check for SENSOR_1>threshold+5.

Another quick test is to try a different light sensor.

Steve