 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11640
11639  |  11641
Subject:
Racing in drag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:01:11 GMT

I know how much you guy value my opinion, so I thought I'd offer a suggestion
which would prevent rtl 17 from being a totally lame event.

Most of the rtl events are more a question of "Can you accomplish this task?"
not "How well can you accomplist this?"  But straight line drag racing will
clearly be "How well...?"

The current plan is to put two tables end-to-end, and see who can go the length
of the tables the fastest.  How about putting one of the tables at 90 degrees,
so the track becomes a big "L".  At least that would make it a little
challenging.  Then, the robot will be required to have a little control.

I'm pretty sure my idea will be totally rejected by everyone, but if someone
else wants to suggest the same thing in a few days, it may go over pretty well.

Steve