 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1160
  suction cup robot

Rob: I was wondering, Since we missed you at the last dinner, how is your window climbing robot coming along?? Did the pneumatics from Calum work? LMK Chris Visit my newly revamped walker page @ (URL) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: suction cup robot

Well, I'm glad you asked. I did finally get the window crawler working. It uses Calums old style pneumatics to create suction. I haven't motorized the pump yet, so you have to pump as it walks up... I'll bring it and give a demo this saturday. It (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: suction cup robot

(...) That sounds really cool. is Glass the best thing it can walk up?? or any flat smooth surface?? I can't wait to see it. (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: suction cup robot

(...) I'm glad they worked out for you! I notice people are doing bots that internalize a mechanism. On the outset of this game, I mentioned it's a different game from marbles or stacking because the game is not (or doesn't have to be) internal, ie, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: suction cup robot

(...) It will walk up any smooth surface, but glass is the best. I demoed it at school for some people, and it crawled up a white board quite well. It will be much cooler when (and if) I automate the vacuum pump... Rob (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: suction cup robot

(...) My robot is hungry, so it is going to eat blocks. I couldn't bring myself to rely on pushing blocks past the gap in the middle of the field without getting stuck. My 'eating' mechanism was indeed a challenge to build, but it is pretty much (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)