 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11577
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Next Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:26:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Calum-

I have a question about your RTL 16. Do you have to pay to enter, or is it free?
I'd like an answer on this.

Calum may be busy getting things ready for  Saturday, so I'll field this call--

Checking out the event website for rtl16--

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-050004/

I notice that nowhere on the page does it mention a fee to enter.  Of course, it
doesn't mention that there is no entry fee, either...  Eh, me thinks that Calum
was just going from times past (rtl1-15) where there was no entry fee--why state
the blatantly obvious?

I'm sure that if there was an entry fee charge at an rtl robot event in the
future, there would be much discussion between the regulars--

Entry Fee???
Chris
-it's a very clever strategy and I dwell on past robot performances

Well, it can't be helped.  We wanted this venue and this is the price tag
Calum

Baah!  I'll have the competition in my basement before I start charging
admission!!
Chris
-it's a no good for nothing strategy and I applaud someone else for thinking of
it

I think we could go looking for another venue, say, closer to London
Derek

London???  rtlToronto stands for Toronto!!  I'm not driving down the 401!!!
Chris
-Tis a much more nobler thing that Chris hath thought of...

Hey!  If we go to London we can stop by St. Jacobs
Jeff VW

Chris, you don't want the competition because you know you're going to lose
again
Steve H

I can't enter no matter where it is 'cause there's a wedding/camping/whatever
thing going on :(
Dave K

Anyway, I think there will be an admission charge for folks that didn't read the
rtl16 website, say, 10 dollars.  If I were you, I'd bring the 10 bucks just in
case.  For everyone else who read the website and noticed that there was no
discussion of entry fees, they'll probably get in free.

Dave K