 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1157
Re: robot stress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:01:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
just sharing my thoughts, and needless to say, I have a robot to build by
next week, and a program to write five minutes before the competition:)
slightly robot stressed...
Rob

The last competiton I started building the 'bot 4 days before the event,
took Thursday off from work and worked on it more, wrote the program the
night before (at 3 a.m.) drove to toronto reprogramming and tweaking the
'bot and spent basically the entire competition doin the same, leaving no
time for socializing, banter and/or trading barbs with Chris.

So this time I wanted to start early.  So January was a good time :)
Haven't looked at the 'bot for a few weeks (ever since I received pneumatics
and train parts) but I'll probably look at it this weekend and see if i can
get back into robo-mode.

Trains are soooo enticing, however.  Last night, after playing eq until
10:30, i was thinking about going to bed.  Surfed a little, came across the
CN rail page and was inspired to build a new engine.

So that took me to 1:30 a.m..  As such, I'm pretty much a yawning,
stretching, dozing wreak right now, but it was worth it.

Seems that I'm going with a red/black colour scheme for my train stuff.  My
new engine is the 'bigger' sister to my other diesel, and it looks great
(imho) when they are pulling together.

Well, work calls

stay safe

dave

p.s. dinner is the day before the event, is ok?