 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11473
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 15:21:15 GMT

So I parted my first 2004 set into my collection.  I'm trying to figure
out how to sort out the new greys.  Now it was a technic set, and I
don't separate technic colours much anyway, but it got me thinking about
the future.

I discovered, when I threw a new grey bushing into the bin of old grey
bushings it pretty much disappeared.

Derek,

I've spent plenty of time making fun of people who are freaking out over the
color change.  However, I just discovered how nice [the old] dark grey looks
when accenting a blue or black robot.

I didn't really consider the new colors to be a problem, before you pointed out
the difference in bushings & axles.

I don't have any new sets to sort, but I suspect my solution will be to continue
to color-sort pieces that are already color-sorted, but not sort pieces that
only come in grey.

For the most part, unlike bricks, axles & such don't usually show up next to
each other in large quantities on a MOC.  So, you may have to look at both sides
of a robot, (or moc) before you notice the colors don't match.

If you find a place where it DOES matter, well, then you just have to pick
through the drawer and find matching pieces.

That's my plan
Steve