 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11472
11471  |  11473
Subject:
Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 14:52:11 GMT

So I parted my first 2004 set into my collection.  I'm trying to figure
out how to sort out the new greys.  Now it was a technic set, and I
don't separate technic colours much anyway, but it got me thinking about
the future.

I discovered, when I threw a new grey bushing into the bin of old grey
bushings it pretty much disappeared.  I couldn't find it again easily if
I wanted.  Which leads me to believe the new grey is close enough to old
grey to not bother separating them at all.

As for the dark grays, the difference is more apparent.  The new dark
grey 3 axles with the stud on the end stand out against the old dark
grey ones.

In this case it appears clear that the dark greys are clearly different
colours.  So I intend to keep them separated, where it matters.

My problem is with the new grey, it's not different enough to stand out
clearly when sorting, but it is different enough that a new grey brick
will probably stand out slightly in wall of mixed grey.

So knowing my obsessive nature, should I try to keep the grey streams
separate from the beginning, or should I just allow them to mix?

Derek