 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11423
Re: OT - maths
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 13:10:54 GMT

What's the RPM of something that is "gently turning"

well, I don't think a 33 1/3 rpm record is gently turning.

In elaborate tests, I was able to move my arm from vertical to horizontal (about
90 degrees) in the same time I was able to count to three.  Actually I made my 3
yr old son count to three, because he's better at it than I am.

Anyway, thats one rotation in 12 seconds, or 5 rpm.

If I could stretch my arm-swing to five seconds, that would be 3 rpm.

I'd say gently turning is between 3 and 5 rpm.