 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11069
Re: rtlToronto 16: DARPA Eat Your Heart Out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:29:10 GMT

Jeff, I have been following this "glorified line following contest" and I am
impressed by it.

Impressed?  by line-following?  :)

WOW, if I had a million dollars, "I'd buy you a fur coat"

But not a real fir coat.  That's cruel...

If I have a ~few~ million dollars I'd hire out the RTL core list and a few others,
then enter something like that DARPA game.

You could compete against "Red".  He's built like 60 robots in his life.

Whatever...  I built over 50 to enter in events, last year alone.

-------------picture it---------------------,

Me and Calum pretending to be in charge,

Iain, Rob, John, Michael, on hardware....

I think you should switch Michael to software :)

Bruce, Mario, (Kevin C) Derek, Ralph  on software

Dave, Ivan, Wayne, (Steve H) Jeff E, Jeff W as the everything guys (the glue that
bonds)

Greg H as lead illustrator (like the guy NASA hired to depict all the mars rover
computer animation's)

I'll talk with John B about a couple custom sensors.

And, I want to enter a second robot.  I have another design that I think would
work...

That'll be my wife's entry.  :)

every day, we have the morning meeting, to discuss problems, everyone will be
allowed to help solve other problems, and generally brainstorm,  it would be
AWESOME,

and instead of lego, we have access to a HUGE motion picture industry financially
sponsored workshop, with unlimited tools, and materials to work with.....

But, you know, when this thing rolls over, it will be much easier to put back
together than some of the others.  If all the pieces are found.