 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11037
Re: line following - must be an american thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:01:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,62585,00.html?tw=wn_culthead_3

leave it to DARPA (the us military research arm) to sponsor a million
dollar (glorified) line following contest.

Dude, given that there are no lines, its GPS waypoints,

GPS way points, lines, same thing.

if you cant make that mental leap, then don't expect THIS canadian to be able to
help you.

and it's extremely rough
terrain (the most likely failure point is vehicles tipping over from not seeing
ditches at the 20 MPH average speed they will need to be doing in order to
complete the course in daylight)

wa wa wa

make it our of lego, and balance a tray of marbles, THEN I'd be impressed.

calling it glorified line following is like ...
well, it's like calling your sense of humor only SLIGHTLY warped

++Lar

how very droll.

;)

Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it."  K.C.