 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11022
Re: dacta Set Availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 00:28:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
Hey all,

I've been somewhat out of the loop lately.  Just wondering, what's up with
LEGO's dacta line?  Are sets still being produced under the dacta name, and are
they available through educational suppliers?  I always loved how those sets
looked, and how the instructions focused on building simplified versions of
real-life machines.

My interest was re-piqued because FESTO (everyone's favourite pneumatics
supplier) has their own educational division, called Didactic.

In the latest issue of FESTO Pneumatic World (No. 97) the last article focuses
on FESTO's role at the LEGOLAND parks.  LEGOLAND is brought to life with FESTO
pneumatics.

I love FESTO.

A lot.

    Iain

Hi Iain,

I have the 2004 Pitsco catalog, and it does indeed have sets produced with the
Dacta name on them. It also contains a wealth of Mindstorms sets.

If you are interested in getting a catalog, the number is 1-800-362-4308.

I am not sure if they ship to Canada, or if the number works from there, but you
have nothing to lose by calling them.

Steven Weiser