 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10935
Re: Regarding the rope climbing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:09:16 GMT

Michael Purvis wrote:
The rules as discussed so far do not prohibit one from simply grabbing the
bottom of the rope and then twirling the claw, thus wrapping it up. Or is this a
legitimate way of 'climbing' the rope?

Do you mean like climbing the rope by rolling it up onto a drum or
something like that?

I think that would be a legitimate and different way to climb the rope.
  The only problem is determining when the entire robot has passed the,
you must be higher then this line, line.  But as always we can just
eyeball that if someone choses to use this method.

Derek