 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10854
    m@ climbers —Chris Magno
    so, what are some of the common ways to climb a rope, using lego? hand over hand? wheels/gears? treads? calum needs to know. Chris (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: m@ climbers —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) No Chris. Using LEGO is not a common way to climb a rope. But if I were to use LEGO to climb a rope I'd go for some software like LEGO T-shirts wound around my hands or so. (To really answer the question, I would make some sort of: 1) Pinch (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: m@ climbers —Calum Tsang
   (...) I think hand over hand (that's what you mean, Tobbe) would be the most mechanically interesting, but my guess is wheels and gears likely will be the most effective/cheap/fastest. At some point, someone's going to start doing things for (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: m@ climbers —Michael Purvis
   (...) Hard to really know. My gut says that the grip on a 'wheel' system would have to be so great and the torque so high (to pull six AA batteries, a cube of lego, and your motors) that it could be actually slower than a pneumatic hand over hand. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)