 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10872
Re: m@ climbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:07:19 GMT

I think hand over hand (that's what you mean, Tobbe) would be the most
mechanically interesting, but my guess is wheels and gears likely will be the
most effective/cheap/fastest.

Hard to really know. My gut says that the grip on a 'wheel' system would have to
be so great and the torque so high (to pull six AA batteries, a cube of lego,
and your motors) that it could be actually slower than a pneumatic hand over
hand.

I'm not too much in favour of the whole 'colour the rope' thing. If the rope is
suspended 50% of it's own height above the top of the already quite compact bot,
plus the bot has to 'find' it, wouldn't it be more sensible to just have a
regular starting line, and make the two bots approach the ropes parallel to each
other? As mentioned somewhere below, you can still just 'aim' your bot at the
correct rope -- it doesn't add anything robotic to it.

Mike

Steve: I'm out on the c4 thing. I've just completely lost steam. Now that it's
been to school to show my compsci and math teachers, that's it, I think. It's
just way too much trouble debugging the logic-only program.

*is comptemplating buying the backhoe for all the pneu parts -- $300 = augh!*