 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10553
Re: rtl15 Rules Updated with Arbitrator clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:50:58 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-rules.html

But really it looks good to me.

By the way what do you use to draw those diagrams.

Thanks.  I usually just freehand them in Microsoft ImageComposer in a sort of
"cartoon MCAD like" style.  It was a little freebie that came with FrontPage97
which I got used to many many years ago.  It does 80% of what you need from
PhotoShop on average without the bulk, and I think has a much stronger
composition model (objects with transparency and depth) than PhotoShop's layers
approach.  I probably could use Illustrator, which I have used to do shirt
layouts, but for a 30 minute drawing like the one above, it's not worth it to
pull up.

If you liked that, check this out:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/journal-trumpet.jpg

All the icons were done in the same fashion.

Calum
(It is SO MUCH BETTER than PhotoShop or PSP for UI layout too:  Several
components of some Nortel call center interfaces were designed with it too.
Made for easy adjustment of all sorts of things)