 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 663
moc: warehouse loft conversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:32:59 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

this urban renewal project sits on the corner of a main road and less well maintained side road (beware of pot holes - even though the road has been patched already).

the owners have very modern tastes which suit loft living. they favour monochromatic colour schemes except when it comes to art. their tastes are somewhat dubious (eye of the beholder and all that) and they seem to have hired someone who is strongly influenced by america’s favourite tv designer hildy. her heavily inspired kitchen installation “botanica” makes me wonder if they have more money than sense. other art installations located in the gallery to the left of the staircase feature prominent avantguardistas of the area. a piece well-known to most afols is the “abs money tree.” we all wish we had one!

the living/dining area is well lit by a modern light fixture which illuminates all areas of the main floor and through to the central area of the second floor.

the 2nd floor loft area features a workout room (treadmill, exercise bike and requisite plasma tv) with weights, exercise ball and massage table. the relaxation room features articulated seating with movable ottomans to make the best of the view from the enclosed balcony. the bookcases in the relaxation room don’t seem to make the best use of space, but the owners liked the look of them. the bedroom area speaks for itself. the final area in the multi-leveled loft features a large bathroom with double sink, toilet, bidet, seating area and large steam shower with seating for many.

the old warehouse structure is maintained with originals windows, entrance and roof. the skylights and moveable grills are now electric and remote controlled. access to the roof is attained through a hatch with ladder. loft-living is not for all but these owners have made themselves a home.

many more details and closeups: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88454

enjoy,

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-